Thursday, January 18, 2007

Problem for January 19

Hello mathematicians! So far the blog has been going great, but there is one small problem. Someone has been getting on to the blog at home and writing rude comments. I hope that you realize that if we cannot handle blogging, then we have to stop, which is not something I want to do. So, if you made that choice, I hope you rethink your decision next time!

Anyway, on to the question...

Dara was measured each month and her growth was recorded on a chart:

Month...........................Height (in)
2........................................10
4........................................20
7........................................35
10.....................................50
14.......................................?
16.......................................?

How tall should I expect Dara to be at 14 months and at 16 months? What equation could I write to show how I figured out her heights?

Now give another example of an in/out table for another group to solve.

No comments: